One of my FAVORITE culinary expressions is a Korean one: “둘이먹다 하나 죽어도 모른다.” It means that something tastes so good— SO DIVINE — that even if the person next to you were to drop dead, you wouldn’t notice!
Let me tell you, these oven-roasted tomatoes certainly qualify. They are so heavenly that I have to exercise extreme willpower not to eat every single one of these babies straight out of the oven. Something truly magical happens as the sugars in the tomatoes caramelizes and melds with Italian herbs, garlic and olive oil.
- tomatoes, stems removed, seeded and quartered
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning (or whatever herbs you have on hand: basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, thyme)
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- garlic, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (165ºC.)
- Line a baking pan with foil or parchment paper. (*Very important! The caramelization process leaves a bit of a mess, so do…